Saturday, January 17, 2009

Interview I

I have my first interview for the scholarship tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm actually fairly confident in my ability to be eloquent, interesting, and outgoing, but I also am plagued by an image of sitting there, in front of the interviewer, completely stumped by a question. Being at a loss for words is never a good situation to find oneself in, and I can't shake this paranoia that I'll be completely unable to answer a question. This fear may not be realistic (I find that on most subjects, I have a lot to say), but what fears are?

My second fear is that I won't be able to shut up. Somehow, I need to strike a balance between enthusiastic/forthcoming and poised. I need to express myself verbally without coming across as too pushy, or not interested enough. Perhaps I'm overanalyzing.

My baking exploits continue. This time, it's banana bread! I tried a new recipe this time, because I only had two ripe bananas, and the recipe I usually use calls for four. The new recipe includes yoghurt. I found that the resulting bread was moist, tangy, and quite delightful. I'll post the recipe later.

Three days until inauguration. I can smell the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment