Sunday, August 2, 2009

D.C.

I'm in the capital of the United States at the moment, "bonding" with other, extremely friendly people who won the same scholarship as I did. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment--tired, invigorated, grateful, apprehensive...all over the place. Right now, there's not much to report--I've eaten mediocre airport food, pretty bad chain restaurant food, explored a bit. Definitely not up to my usual standards, but the meals are paid for. A group of us is planning to get Thai food, and rebel against the regimented diet of pizza and french fries we have been relegated to.

Tomorrow, we'll be visiting the D.C. museums, memorials and other enriching activities. More later.

2 comments:

  1. this is so exciting! i'm thinking about going to my own orientation in d.c., and i can't believe that was a year ago. i'm sure you're feeling really eager to get to germany!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO great that you're already feeling at home in deutschland! you'll have up and downs for sure, but i'm so glad stuff is going good for you at the moment. are you already with your permanent host family?

    ReplyDelete