Thursday, June 17, 2010

Six days?

I have six days left in Germany. My room looks like a thrift store threw up in it. Shelves are bare. Wall hangings have been stuffed in suitcases. Electronics litter the floor. Packing up my life continues to be less than cool.

On the plus side, the weather's really beautiful. I'm contemplating going on one last journey, alone, into Düsseldorf, to sit by the Rhine and enjoy a book, and to think about my last days here. I've been lazing around for the last few days, sporadically packing, and I feel that I should really get out there and enjoy the sun and the river; who knows when I'm going to get back here, and the Rhine has been one of the places I've most enjoyed going. I wish I could get in one last trip to Köln, but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

I was in Berlin last week, which was great. Friends and I went out on a lake, had a picnic, frolicked through parks, burst into song on the streets, and shared sentimental togetherness moments in the Mauerpark at midnight. Ten people all expressing their love for each other while sitting in a dark field among a bunch of German hipsters is a one of a kind experience.

I really need to finish packing...scattered post, but I just thought a quick update was in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment