Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Next Year

I've decided for MN...

Despite the frigid winters and the flatness, I really like what I've seen of the Twin Cities, and I feel that living in an urban environment will be better for me (I would go stir crazy in Germany if not for the ten-minute train to Düsseldorf). I need the immediate big city access. I've also met many people from the Twin Cities who have been in my home town, and there are apparently similarities in the general living style, the liberal attitudes, etc.

Plus, I'll have the Banh-Mi of all Banh-Mi available at a moment's notice. It seems almost too good to be true. What other wonders of cheap Asian dining in Minneapolis/St. Paul have I yet to discover? (Oh yeah, I almost forgot the Nepalese...mmm, Nepalese food!)

Still, I feel a small twinge of sadness at leaving my lifelong dream of someday living on the East Coast behind. I love it there; it's like another world when compared to the West Coast, and I badly want to go back. Maybe I'll live there yet, in a few more years.

In other news, I have an impending trip to London coming up, and I can't wait. I've always had this absurd fantasy of going to London, suddenly meeting a surviving Beatle, and spending the day being whisked around by him to all of the culturally important and highfalutin London hotspots. London to me is rock music, mod fashion, high society and scholarly pursuits all rolled into one; a historically significant, yet unbelievably hip Utopia that's been built up by years of Hollywood flicks and entertaining reading material. I'm just a little afraid it won't live up to my expectations (but even more excited that it will exceed them).

I made a pasta salad with pesto last weekend, and it was really, really good. I've been craving pasta salads lately.

1 comment:

  1. are you going to macalester? i've heard the twin cities are amazing, though i've never been there.

    ReplyDelete